Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Accomplishments

Evaluate this course in the context of your own progress and development and speculate on what you might do to further your learning and understanding of technology in performing arts or music education, and how it might apply to your future teaching or art/music making: The strongest feature of this class was the flexibility and student centered learning experience that allowed for a wide range of students with varying abilities and backgrounds in web design to be combined into one class and still learn and a relatively consistent pace. For example, I had never used photoshop – the simple photo editing program – because I was not priviledged enough as a child to have computer or internet available to me at home or at school. I learned computer skills and typing later and don’t have as much experience with any of that. Through this class I was able to learn all of those programs at a basic, yet complex level rather quickly with the patient and careful instruction of the professors. Really – somehow I learned basic skills in photoshop, flash, dreamweaver, fetch, etc in one semester!!!

No comments: