Wednesday, May 2, 2007

in Close

To close my blog at the end of this semester – my first semester at NYU as a graduate student, I have to say - thanks for being patient with me as I adapted to commuting, dealing with horrible train schedules, and especially coping with the unfamiliar territory of electronic devices, computers, and software. I have learned so much this semester through this class. Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Actionscript, Fetch…etc. All of which I had never used before. I guess it was probably frustrating for most of you also dealing with my strange questions – did she REALLY just ask that?! Doesn’t she know that by now?! Omgoodness…. – but seriously, this was all entirely new. In observing other final projects, viewing blogs, and reading websites I enjoyed how Danby “sweetrain” added lots of photographs and other things to her website which made it more accessible for friends and family rather then just being in a performance format for clarinet, although she did include a button for that also. Youngju definitely had the most professional looking “profile” or portfolio looking – page, until the clip from youtube loaded, then I just laughed, very educational and informative with links to important websites. I had trouble getting some of the web pages to load – perhaps just my computer? I read through some blogs and found that most people had used a mix of personal stories and interesting materials with educational posts from news or research that they had discovered and found interesting. Jessica’s blog was the one which used a little different color scheme then the rest of us – why does everyone else seem to be stuck on blue and green? Myself included…anyway. And she discussed rice milk in one of her posts, which was random and something I haven’t tried in a while. Perhaps I’m just hungry. To close, thank you all very much for a wonderful class in which I learned so very much. I will not abandon this skills but continue using dreamweaver (especially) and flash to create a website for my private violin students in hopes that they will become more organized and prompt at practicing and attending lessons – yeah right. Cheers!

No comments: